Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Ride, Captain, Ride...


If you said, "Blues Image, 1970," you get 100 bonus points!

My buddy Pat asked me how I get those scooter shots on the road.  Answer: my Nikon DSLR used like a point & shoot.  No composing, no checking angles - just point... and shoot.  No, every shot isn't a keeper, but I know it can have a sameness to it when there are a bunch of scootering photos.  So, sometimes I'll get in front of Joan and hold the camera over my shoulder... and shoot.

Since I traded the Nikon, I wanted to see if the Canon G3X will work for that use...




Yeah, it works.  I was out by myself, so no cute Blonde to get in the frame.  Passing False Bay...


This lens is not as wide angle as the one I had with the Nikon, but it zooms in much further.  It will make a good "walk around" camera, too.  An interesting car in Friday Harbor...


So far, so good.


No comments: