Sunday, July 10, 2016

Yeah, it happened...


Today, I have photos.  I left my pocket camera at home and brought the DSLR.

The whales were pretty close today, and plentiful.  The sun was shining.  It kinda felt like summer in the San Juans.

I was on our flagship boat today, Sea Lion.  The whales were just south of Lopez Island, about 30 minutes away.  Our first view...


Just off Iceberg Point...


J-Pod.  I sure hope they stay around.  As they approached Salmon Bank, they picked up speed (porpoising)...



One of the big males...



J-Pod was spread quite a ways from the leaders to the trailers, so we broke off for a bit, took the boat up to the Salmon Bank marker and got a good look at some Stellar Sea Lions on the buoy...


Then, picked up the next group of Js as they passed Cattle Pass (you can see the lighthouse in the background)...



Before heading for home, some nice views of a bald eagle on Long Island (no, not that Long Island)...


Nice day on the water; nice ending to my work week.  When that cute Blonde gets off work, I'll be taking her out for supper.  Real nice ending to our work week.


No comments: