Monday, August 29, 2016

Izzy's Big Adventure...


The fog lifted mid-morning, the sun shined, and things started drying out.  Izzy wanted to go outside, but I told her we'd have to give it a little time to dry out - long, luxurious fur and wet grass and leaves are not a good combination.  By noon, she got to go out - a happy girl.

We got to lounge in this morning... we both needed that.  Joan made us a great breakfast.  I could get used to this pace.

Around 2:00, Joan asked what I wanted for lunch: I suggested dining out at the Chinese restaurant.  While getting ready, I opted for sandals today.  I haven't been wearing sandals much this summer, since I have been scooter commuting.  Even when wearing shorts, I have generally been in shoes and socks.  Looking down at my white ankles, I asked, "Am I going to embarrass you in public with these day-glow white ankles?"

She looked at me, and with a straight face, said, "That's the least of what you do in public that embarrasses me!"

We both laughed.  I think she was laughing with me, not at me.

At the China Pearl, the food was good, the waitress knows what we want, and it was quiet in there.  We walked up to the grocery store afterwards and picked up a few necessities; Tuesday is our main grocery shopping day - produce is on sale at "the other" grocery store.  On the way home, I asked, "Since it is a nice day, would you like to take a drive down to South Beach... Izzy has never been in the car - we could see how she does with it and a new place to walk?"

"That sounds great."

Izzy wasn't so sure...



Izzy is sweet - she generally doesn't make a fuss, and she laid nicely on Joan's lap.  Off to South Beach.  She was ready to explore when we got there...


There are several parking areas at South Beach; we picked one that didn't have any other vehicles there.  Izzy walks fine on the leash - noises don't bother her, except for people talking or laughing.  She has traveled extensively in the boat, the truck (Big Red), and the motorhome; she has always had her stuff in any of those... this would be different for her first ride in the CR-V, and then a new place to walk and explore...



She did great!  Lots of new smells, rocks, driftwood, sand, and water...





She did amazingly well.  Even when two other vehicles pulled into this parking area, with two screechy women, and a hollering kid.  We intentionally steered Izzy the other direction as they made their way to the water, then screamed because: "It is cold!"

No shit, Sherlock.

Izzy had fun climbing in all that driftwood...




Then, back to the car...


A very successful outing.

Even though Izzy is well-traveled, she is not as worldly as Molly was.  Molly loved the attention she got from new people... Izzy, not so much.  She did great with all the new situations today.  Plus, we are understanding each other better these days.  I am understanding better what she wants when she meows... and when she chooses to, she understands what I am saying.  Strong-willed little thing, with the heart of a lion.


No comments: