Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Smells...


Great smells filling the motorhome this afternoon: Joan is making a roast... the smell has me drooling.  She gave me a "preview bite" while the sides are cooking - yeah, it tastes as good as it smells!

The last of our three days off, and the time has gone by very quickly.  We ran into town to pick up a few groceries and decided to wander a bit on the way home, to see if the road construction is getting close.  My commute to Roche Harbor takes me on a slightly longer route because of the construction.  Yeah, the roadbed is mostly filled in and has been chip-sealed.  It will still have to be oiled and striped... and I don't want to get caught in that when trying to get to work.

I am guessing they will have San Juan Valley Road completed about the time we head out.  It has changed our scooter play time, but every season is different; no complaints, just an observation.

It was a chilly start to the day this morning, but that will change for the next three days - the wind has changed to out of the north.  North wind here this time of year means that things will warm up.

Our deer neighbors didn't seem to mind the chill...




It warmed up quickly, by the time the deer moved on and Izzy got some outdoor time...


By noon, the a/c kicked on, and Izzy was inside and down for a nap...


I'm enjoying this no-project day off.  Less than 2 weeks, and that will be the norm again.  In the meantime, I think I will get a roast beef sandwich to take for lunch this week.  :-)


No comments: