Sunday, September 18, 2016

That sucks...


We went out for breakfast at my favorite fast food breakfast place: Hardee's.  No, that's not what sucks.  Fresh made biscuits; a Loaded Omelet Biscuit... really, what's not to like?

Joan wanted to go to Sam's Club... we haven't been in a Sam's Club since we left Phoenix on our way to the Pacific Northwest.  She wanted coffee, I was looking for jeans.  No doubt you are surprised... "But, Jim, you are such a fashion icon!  Jeans at Sam's Club?  Really?"

Yes.  Really.  When they have jeans that aren't "Relaxed Fit" (I am not into that baggy-ass fit), they are cheap.  This will probably embarrass our daughter almost as much at the time (when she was in high school) at a department store when she first got me to try on Guess Jeans... "Sixty bucks?  For a pair of jeans?  Are you shitting me?"

I didn't realize that came out loud.  But, there you have it: I like cheap jeans (and I cannot lie).  I'm not trying to make a fashion statement... if you see me wearing ripped jeans, it is because I need to get another pair of cheap jeans.

Sam's had some Levis.  Not "Relaxed Fit."  That doesn't suck, either.  I added a couple t-shirts to complete my fall wardrobe.  Joan got her coffee and a few other things.  She has been wanting a new vacuum cleaner - something that will work on all floor surfaces.  Sam's had a Dyson she liked, so we added that to the cart, too.  And, I really hope that sucks.  ;-)

Back home (well, the cruising condo), she checked out the new vac...



Izzy had to check it out...



"Is that for me?  No??"


Joan was thoroughly checking it out, though...


I think it looks like something the Terminator would use...


"I'll be back!"  (It sounds better if you use an Arnold voice.)

It is a cordless unit, so she had to plug it in before using it.  Almost like getting a new toy for Christmas and finding out you don't have any batteries for it.

I suggested we take the e-bikes out for a ride around the resort...


You can see why it is nice to have a double pad on the RV site.  We rode around the resort - it is looking good.  Riding down a steep gravel road, we saw the very nice dog run (huge) and the paint-ball area (I don't read the newsletters, I didn't know we had a paint-ball area).  The management of the resort (hired by our board of directors) does a great job with keeping this place nice.  We have been members here for over 20 years - kinda like a country club for RVers.  More than just for RVers, though - the resort also has rental cabins for those who don't have an RV.

Nice to spend some time here.  It doesn't suck.  :-)


No comments: