Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!


Much to be thankful for.  It isn't about the stuff (well, maybe the stuffing), but about experiences and the people you hold close.

Our sweet girl and son-in-law are with his family this holiday.  We will get to see them at Christmas.  Wishing all who travel for the holiday safe passage.  Our travel today will be about a block - we are having Thanksgiving with friends Mike and MJ and friends, at their new home.  Joan is already busy in the kitchen so we can bring our contribution.  Last year, the four of us went out for our Thanksgiving meal... I kinda missed having the leftovers.  Apparently, I wasn't alone with that.  We are looking forward to our time with friends.

Even though I enjoy traveling, I am thankful to not be on the roads or schlepping through airports this weekend.  Hoping neither of us feels the need to fight any crowds at the stores this weekend, either.

As evidenced by the posts of the last couple weeks, I am truly enjoying our time on the water again.  No long-distance cruising, completely fair-weather day-tripping.  And dolphins.

Nothing to do with Thanksgiving: I received an e-mail this morning from Sean at Emerald Guitars.  He let me know that one of the photos I sent him after receiving my X7 is being used on their site...


Yes, the banner goes across my head... probably done so visitors to the site won't be scared off.  ;-)

Yesterday while on the boat, Joan said, "You will need to bring your X7 on the boat next time... and send Emerald a photo of that."

I am looking outside this morning: sunshine, 72º, nearly calm.  It would be a good day for a cruise, but we will be eating turkey.  I am thankful for living in a climate where we won't have to be shoveling show during the holiday season.

Happy Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Were you flexing and suckin gut for the photo?

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

No, I think I was sucking in my muscles and flexing my gut. ;-)