Thursday, December 22, 2016

Boys and Girls...


This morning, Joan and Steph planned a trip to the grocery store, and some other shopping... "Do you want to come along?"

"Not if you're OK if I don't," I said.  Dan offered to stay and keep me company.  Good plan: ladies go shopping, the guys get to stay behind.  Dan and I don't have a problem keeping the conversation going.

After bringing in groceries, I suggested that Dan and I take the e-bikes out for a little look-around and some exercise.  The fog from the earlier post had lifted over our island... crossing the swingbridge and looking east - so foggy we couldn't see the causeway to South Padre Island.  I took Dan on my "circuit," knowing without looking at the odometer that we'd cover a bit over 5 miles.

When we got back, we were told, "We'll be making a late lunch - it will be the big meal before this evening's festivities."  Some explanation: Steph and Dan are heading back to Arizona on the 24th, so we are "doing Christmas Eve" this evening.

"How much time do we have?" I asked.

"Time for a boat ride if you two boys want to go out."  I know when to get out from under foot.

The sun was bright and crisp while I took the cover off the boat.  I got the boat ready to go, Dan brought stuff, and we were off...


By the time we got 100 yards or so from the dock, the clouds started rolling back in.  No matter - I'm sure there are dolphins that need to be watched...


The fog we saw on our bike ride started rolling back in...


The temp was still warm - it didn't dampen our spirits...


We had to go a little further (maybe a mile or so) to find our mammal friends (Dan saw the first one)...




We only had a bit over an hour - didn't want to miss our "Christmas Eve meal"!  Back at the dock, Joan caught us and said, "I just put the rolls in the oven - we eat in 10 minutes."

Good timing.

For the record, I did let Santa know about having to move things up a bit... he's good with that.

:-)


No comments: