Thursday, December 1, 2016

Morning cruise...


I slept in a bit longer than I had hoped; got little Izzy fed, gave the Blonde a hug, and headed down to the boat.  The goal: a sunrise cruise.  It has been a couple days since I got out on the boat; the wind has been strong and gusty.  Not chilly.  This morning, the wind was down to 10 to 12, 69º.  I grabbed a light jacket.

Heading up our canal...


First glimpse of the sun, already above the horizon...


Birds waking up...



Out of the canal, into the ICW...


A tug pushing 3 barges coming my way...




You get a different perspective on that tug/barges when you see it from the side.

Into the Port Isabel Channel...




A shrimper coming in the ship channel...



A crane-barge heading to the turning basin...




No dolphins this morning, though I didn't spend a lot of time looking.  Heading back in...



A nice start to the day.


-----------------------

On edit:

Got the boat pulled out this afternoon, ready to go for her service in the morning.  The extension we bought for the hitch worked fine - Joan pulled the trailer to the ramp, I drove the boat around.  She had the trailer backed in and ready by the time I got there; no need to tie off at the dock, just pulled it up on the trailer, Joan hooked the winch strap, and we pulled it right out.  It took longer to clean the green slime off the pontoons than it did to drive the boat around to the ramp and pull it out.

First time with the retrieval on this boat - pretty easy.



No comments: