Saturday, January 14, 2017

Against the advice...


... of clearer (and less dirty) minds, I dressed for going outside today.  Well, "dressing for going outside today" means: putting on shorts and a t-shirt.  Upper 70s, partly cloudy, and breezy... yeah, this couch-bound boy is in dire need of some vitamin-D.  Your call: sunshine or dolphins.  I still have no voice, the throat is feeling better, the lungs still burn, but I need to go outside.

After taking the cover off the boat, I needed to rest...


Still think this is a good idea?  Yep.  Not going out for a marathon, just a short ride to feel some fresh air.

When we shoved off, the wind had come up a bit and the partly cloudy sky was done with the "partly" part...


I agreed that this would be a short ride.  It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to get out the canals.  Heading towards the turning basin we got our first view of a dolphin...


No sunshine, but some of that "vitamin D" I have been missing.  Looking towards the drilling ships, I said, "I think that is Mike and MJ on that boat."  Joan didn't think so.  "Well, whoever's on that boat has kidnapped Gracie (the fishing dog)"...



They came by to see how we were doing, but I don't have enough voice to get any sound out.  Can't blame them for not coming any closer.  ;-)

On to the abbreviated dolphin viewing...






A half hour out there was about as much as I could do - we headed for home.  One of the dolphins "walked us to our canal"...


A needed outing.  And now I need a nap.

:-)


No comments: