Sunday, January 15, 2017

Before breakfast...


The forecast for today is for building wind.  It was nearly calm when I first got up.  I'm thinking I should take a short cruise to get my day started right.  Joan must think I'm improving, since she sent me off solo.

A cloudy start to the day...


No expectations, just looking to take in some salt air and be on the water.  I didn't consider that it would turn into a bird watching kinda day...




I cruised through the turning basin and into the ship channel.  No precip forecast for today, but...



Mostly gray looking to the east.

If you were wanting to see some birds, just look towards one of the bay shrimpers that is out this morning...


Fly-by...


Coming back through the turning basin, I did get to see some dolphins...


Back towards our canal and heading for home...



Joan caught lines at the dock, then headed back inside to finish breakfast.  Valet service.  ;-)  When I finished rinsing the boat, little Izzy was waiting by her tower at the patio door...


Nice start to the day.  On, and fresh made biscuits and gravy for breakfast.  :-)


No comments: