Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Dolphins and pelicans...


Yes, sometimes together.

Out on the water solo again today.  Glorious sunshine...


Birds other than pelicans (though they are my favorite)...


I didn't have to go far to find some dolphins - first view...


Who doesn't like some tail to get their day going right?  Oh, sure, someone will get all childish about that statement.  Pelican and dolphin...


Dolphin and pelican...


Dolphins doing some people-watching...



A fly-by...


Lots of birds following one of the bait shrimpers...


I visited briefly with George and Scarlet - plenty of happy guests on their boats; lots of dolphins for everyone to see.  Scarlet suggested I swing in between her and George, to get where the light is better for photos.  I smiled and told her I didn't want to crowd them - they are taking guests out for hire; I am just enjoying the time on the water.  And, the dolphins...



Depending on the direction, the views changed; I took this shot for my Honey: she likes the sparkly water...


Looking to the east, the view of South Padre Island, with a wisp of fog moving in...


More pelican watching: splash-down...



Dolphin and Ibis...


Dolphin and pelican ...


Time for me to head for home and take my Honey out for lunch - bye to the dolphins...


Checking out more birds on the way home...




Clear and sunny as I made my way into our canal.  With the boat tied off and washed down, we headed to SPI by car - the fog had really rolled in!


There were places on the causeway where you couldn't see the water.

When we got home, little Izzy said, "I really missed you."


Probably not what she was really saying... it may have been, "Hey, hold it down - there's a kitty trying to nap here!"

A look down our canal...


Quite different from that first shot.  I was hoping for a sunrise trip or two before the next norther blows in.  Maybe not.


No comments: