Friday, January 20, 2017

Foggy start to the day...


Thick fog this morning.  The weather weasels said it would burn off by mid-morning, making for a mostly sunny day.  Close.  It stayed foggy 'till about noon, not much in the way of sunshine.

We took the scoots out for lunch.  It was pretty gray looking, but the temp was in the mid-70s, very little wind.  Back from lunch, I asked Joan if she wanted to go out for a short boat ride... "Absolutely!"

Close to 4:00, it was still gray...


Before we got out of the canal, we came across Mike and MJ coming in as we were heading out.  Nice to visit with them.  MJ made a reach to keep the boats apart...


Whew!  That was close - we were approaching each other at about .000641 miles per hour.  ;-)  MJ was impressed that I have some voice today.  Yep, getting better each day.  I played some guitar this morning, but there wasn't much singing.

We agreed to get together now that Joan and (I think) I are not playing the part of Typhoid Mary.

Down the canal...



A pretty sky.  A bit more sun would be nice.  Well, a few sunbeams...


The other day, my buddy Marty let me know that I wasn't smiling in photos I posted.  Here ya go, Marty...


Yes, the Blonde has a prettier smile.

Something we don't see regularly in the turning basin...


SubSea 7.  Known by some as "the ferris wheel ship," those round things hold pipeline that they take out to the oil rigs in the Gulf.  They are loading more pipeline here.



More sky and some sparkly water.  In the distance...


... a ship heading out of the Brownsville Ship Channel towards the Gulf.  We missed a close up by a few minutes.  Joan sat facing the sun, while I kept a look-out for dolphins, facing east...




Joan took the two sky shots above; and another smiling shot of her Honey...


"Over there!"



Yep, dolphins...



A shrimper heading out of Port Isabel...


The name of the shrimper: Stormy Night.  I think I'd be looking for a job on "Sunny Days!" ;-)

Joan shooting some stills and video of the dolphins...



Time to head in.  This group of Great Blue Herons looks like tree stumps - always makes me chuckle...


They are frequently there in that bare patch late afternoons.  A better look at this one in the canal...


No sunset colors again today, thanks to the clouds.  Nice to be out and about.


No comments: