Friday, February 10, 2017

Scootin'...


Been a while since a scooter day... today was a lovely February Day in the desert: almost 80º, sunny, light breeze.

I did get the scooter tag before we left - my next tag:


Your scoot with your Valentine.  Should be easy to get, even for the folks in the frozen northland - just take your Honey out to the garage.  ;-)

We took to the suburban streets...



Out by Phoenix International Raceway...


This street name cracks me up every time we go by it...


It could use one more "why"... Why, man, why??

We stopped for lunch at Pieology - like the Subway of pizza places: you pick your sauce, cheese, the toppings like picking ingredients at Safeway.  I saw one of the employees out at a table, doing some bookwork and eating pizza; I casually said, "Nice to see you eating the pizza.  I get concerned when an employee won't eat where they work."  She commented how good the pizza is there, and I agreed.  On my way back to our table, she said, "Excuse me, sir - these are for you."  She handed me two cards for a free pizza!  "You're a very nice man.  I saw you at the counter with the girl who made your pizza.  These are just a little something to let you know we appreciate your business and fun attitude."

Well, that was nice.

Back on the scoots, and west on Indian School Road (one of our favorite secondary roads on the west side)...




Just for someplace to go, we went west as far as Verrado...




What ever these trees are, they were just starting to bud...



Little Iz got an afternoon walk.  A lovely day in the desert.  And, we'll meet Steph and Dan for "Burger Friday."

:-)

For those keeping track: I now have a tracking number!


No comments: