Saturday, May 13, 2017

Sunrise...


A beautiful time of the day.  I was up almost early enough, prepped the boat, and shoved off.  A bit of fog in our canal, then... the rising sun at the end of our canal...


I stopped there long enough to get a few more photos...



My preference would be to get out there well before the sun is up, to get out to more open water; but, being a retired guy with a vigorous schedule, that doesn't always work out.  Well, that, and I have no idea where my alarm clock is.  ;-)

Heading out the next canal, away from the sunrise and into the fog...


Heading towards the turning basin (as far as I was planning to go this morning), the view of the drilling ships...


Just catching those first rays.  This boat went by me, loudly...


Not the motor, they had their stereo crankin'.  Doesn't that scare the fish away?  Looking back towards Long Island...


Bait shrimpers heading out...


The fog coming and going...



The moon still out...


I enjoy this time of day; well, when I am awake to see it... the light is pretty and the air feels heavier.  Heading back in, the light is well up in our canal...


Back in the house, I did my usual morning routine.  When Joan got up, she said, "Oh, you didn't go out this morning?"

Been there, done that.  And, here's the photos.  I'll try for earlier another day.  Maybe.


No comments: