Thursday, July 27, 2017

Trapped in a Saturday Night Live routine...


Anyone remember the "Boston teens" routine with Jimmy Fallon and Rachel Dratch?  It was wicked awesome!

Knowing we had an easy day today (less than 30 miles to the next RV park where we have reservations), we were in no hurry to get out before the 11:00 checkout time in this park.  Izzy got to have a nice long walk before I started unhooking utilities.  I put her back inside while getting the coach ready to go.  She sat by the door, forlornly...


This next campground is still in the Cape Cod area, at Plymouth.  Yes, that Plymouth - the one with the rock and the Pilgrims.

As we rolled into the next park, Joan said, "Does it seem to you like each new park gets more rustic than the one before it?"

Yep.

I have mentioned "wooded" in a few posts in the last week or three.  This place is wooded.

When I went into the office to check in, they had most of our information, so it was a reasonably quick process.  A young lady was training an older lady - after showing me on the map how to get to our site, the young lady asked, "Anything particular you will be doing while you're here?"

"Well, we were thinking of doing a whale watch trip."

"Oh my God, you have to go out with Captain John - he is wicked awesome!  I've been out with them, and every time I go, we have seen like 5 whales.  It is wicked cool!"

I asked, "Is it wicked awesome or wicked cool?"

She replied, "Yeah!"

We headed to our site, stopping to unhook the Honda.  Yep, this is definitely more rustic than anyplace we've been this trip.  But, they do have full hookups, including cable.  I had to back uphill and between trees to get into our site, while Joan guided.  Once in place, we went to work getting settled in (we'll be here for 3 nights)...




Little Izzy was at the door, waiting for her chance to go outside...


I opened the door, let her out, and reached inside for her leash.  She waits for me to hook her up before we head out for a walk.  "Oh, this place smells way different from the last place!"


We walked down the road a bit, letting her "stretch her legs" after that (not) long drive...


I saw something move up head of us...


It's a mouse.  I made a little noise, thinking that would scare it off before Izzy noticed it... the mouse was obviously used to people.  Iz saw it and went into high alert - she generally doesn't strain at her leash, but she wanted that rodent.  I managed to distract her while the mouse finally ran off.  Time for the people in this family to get some lunch, so back to the coach.

We drove into town, had lunch, then down to the harbor...




We stopped at the wicked awesome Captain John's booth and bought tickets for a whale watch for tomorrow morning.  A light rain this afternoon, supposed to get heavier this evening, then a 20% chance for tomorrow morning - we'll take our chances and dress accordingly.

We checked out more of the harbor area...



Yes, those people are on the beach, in the light rain.  Some views of boats...



Some ice cream (on this drizzly 65º day), then back to the coach.  Izzy wanted to go for another walk; I told her we will have to see if it stops raining.  She settled in on the dash...

I mentioned "wooded"... the view out our dinette window...



No comments: