Friday, September 1, 2017

Refreshing...


Out for lunch and a walk through Branson Landing.  What is Branson Landing you ask?  Thank you for asking - it is an outdoor mall that sprawls alongside the Taneycomo River.  There are two draws there for me: Bass Pro Shop and Famous Dave's BBQ.

The Bass Pro Shop here is a small version compared to most of their stores.  We walked through there, didn't find anything we couldn't live without, then walked down the mall.  OK, there is one other fun store: "As Seen On TV"... those places crack me up.  Better than watching late night infomercials, 'cause you get to see stuff that didn't make it to a half-hour show and shop.

I laughed out loud at this...


"It's the Cat Bonnet!" and as it says right there on the box: "Cats love it!"  Look at the expression on the gray cat - it is obviously delighted.  LOL  Now, I will admit that most of my interactions with cats have been our fur babies and our GrandKitties.  NONE of them would love this.  Isabella, who is the sweetest kitty ever, would bite your hand if you brought that thing near her.  I showed her this photo - she assured me that there is no cat on the face of the Earth who would like this.  Not even one.

Pretty sure the the guy behind the register in that store did not appreciate my laughter.  I tried to stifle it... yep, that never works.  "Who is their market for this - Amish cats??"

Yes, laughter is refreshing.  Almost as refreshing as BBQ.  Seems that one of us (I won't say who, but it was me) was reaching for some butter, caught the straw in the Diet Pepsi, and dumped the entire full glass into his lap.  Go ahead - try to look nonchalant when a large glass of ice and soda is pooling in your crotch!  Refreshing on a whole different level.

The waitress was mildly horrified, then tried to stifle a laugh (karma is a bitch), and brought me a towel.  And another soda.  "Do you have a sippy cup?"  It is important to keep your sense of humor when your testicles are floating in diet soda.

I was less than half way though my lunch.  The good news is: I was wearing brand new shorts made of a fabric that is "quick drying."  The bad news is: my underwear isn't.  Fast drying, that is.  There wasn't that much of a mess on the floor, because what flowed out of the pool in my crotchal area ran down into my shoes.

Really, I should not have laughed at the Cat Bonnet.


No comments: