Thursday, November 9, 2017

Another day, another...


... recording.  Well, another gray, blustery day.  The chilly weather was a good one for indoor activities.  Yes, I know "chilly" is relative, and the folks in our former home in the frozen northland saw temps in the low 20s today... we started the day in the upper 50s, and the thermometer didn't move much all day.  Other than an outing for some Italian dining for lunch, it was a good day to do music things.

Joan and I had a "60s Flashback" this morning, while I showed her how many rock songs from that era used the same 3-chord progression.  It was a fun change of pace.

This afternoon, it was time for a string change on the X7 - I last changed them in late spring, before we left for our summer trip.  Since the X7 came along with us on that trip, it saw plenty of play-time.  it was over-due for some fresh strings.


What a difference!  Yeah, I should have done that sooner, but there were other guitar options since we've been home.  ;-)  Even in need of fresh strings, the X7 gets plenty of playing.  The Elixir strings I use are "long life"... another perspective kinda thing.

I decided to lay down another track for a recording, using the X7 and the X20...

https://soundcloud.com/captainjimb/the-letter


No comments: