Friday, November 10, 2017

No cabin fever...


I linked the SoundCloud clip of "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" on the carbon fiber guitar forum.  One of my friends there said something about "putting it out there and getting critiques"... just sharing.  I get good ideas from that forum.  In fact, I learned about carbon fiber and Emerald there.

I'm looking to make some music files for my Honey.  Considering the last ones I made for here were recorded using the mic on an iPad Mini, this is a big step up.  The easiest way to record is to put the stereo mics on the Zoom recorder in front of my Bose PA.  It also gives you the least opportunity to mix the sound after the fact.  Or put down more than one track.

So, with the crappy weather the last couple days, I have been learning a bit about laying down multi-tracks: first the guitar, then vocals, another guitar, some percussion... whew, that is a bit more work than just playing and singing.  OK, not really "work," but it takes more time.  And, apparently, working with different tracks on the recorder causes you (me) to forget chords, words, and how to run the foot-switch on the Play Acoustic pedal.  Fortunately, it doesn't cost anything to lay a new track over the goof-up one.  Well, just time.

And, on these chilly, blustery days, I have time.  And no cabin fever.  My fingers are getting a bit sore, though - more guitar playing than I've done in a while.

:-)


No comments: