Saturday, December 9, 2017

Hello, my friend...


Not a human acquaintance - we went out to the storage unit today, to take some things to the motorhome.  I knew I was missing it: this morning when I went into my bathroom at home, I instinctively reached out my foot for the pedal on the front of the toilet.  No, there is no pedal on the front of the toilet in our home, but there is one in the motorhome.  Muscle memory.  ;-)


From there, we made a quick stop at Sam's Club.  A "quick stop" at Sam's Club in December, you ask??  Yep, about 5 minutes, in and out - it took longer in the line at the door (where they check your purchases) that it took to get what we needed. 


Back to the car, and a stop at Sam's gas station - only $2.07 for unleaded.  The station was very busy, but there was a slot open at a pump when we pulled around... I must be living right.

For the record, we generally try to avoid weekend shopping in December... with 3 days of crap weather, we were ready for an outing.  Plus, Izzy was due for a stock-up on her food, and that means a stop at Petsmart for her recent change in diet.  They had dogs to adopt out front, and several kitties inside.  I wondered if Izzy would be receptive to an orange and white little sister... probably not.  I know - one at a time.

We even stepped right up to the counter and Joan found a table at Chick-filet-A... I really should buy a lottery ticket.  Joan asked, "Do you need anything at Bass Pro?"

"Nothing I can think of... who said that??"

Traffic was brisk on the roads - everyone is Christmas shopping.  We made it home unscathed.  And, it was a lovely day: sunshine, a bit breezy, but temps in the upper 60s - a delightful change from the 30s and 40s of the last few days.

No comments: