Saturday, February 17, 2018

A Saturday favorite...


There is a sports bar here that has the best deep fried cheese curds I think I've ever had: Tailgaters.  We discovered this place a few years ago after we ordered cheese curds at a different restaurant, and the waitress said, "If you think these are good, you should try Tailgaters..."  Yes, really.

Man does not live by cheese curds alone - Tailgaters also has $2 off on baked sandwiches on Saturdays.  They are delicious at any price; even better at $2 off.  ;-)

Before going north to Tailgaters, we spent some time with Rufus outside - walking and enjoying the patio with the awning out and sunscreen attached.  And, you know what that means... yep, it's photo time!

Rufus on Joan's lap...



Some chair time...


After more leash practice, Rufus went to the door of the coach...



A bit more leash practice, then inside...


His tag up close...


He got to stay by himself again when Steph and Dan met us here, then off to Tailgaters (after Steph got some Rufus rubbing in).  Yep, he has proven than he can be trusted.


4 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

I have enjoyed following your Blog-- Thank you for sharing..
I forget how I found your Blog--trawlerdriftaway.blogspot.com-- Maybe.. Been a few years..

Again-- Glad Rufus is settling in nice.. Sorry about Izzie..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks, HRB. We miss our sweet Izzy. One certainly does not replace another. There was one cat we met who looked like a slightly lighter version of Izzy - it made my heart hurt just to see her. Rufus is a big change for us, even though he is another tabby; so different in personality and look from Izzy. Nothing could bring Izzy back, but we missed having a great cat in the family. One week and a day with Rufus, and he is fitting in with us.

It is likely you found this blog from TrawlerDriftAway - I know they linked us on their blog.

This blog has grown and morphed over the years I've been doing it. While it is therapeutic for me, it has become a daily "thing" for me, as well... I am surprised at the number of views, now approaching 900,000. A bit of a "public diary."

Best wishes,
Jim

Hudson River Boater said...

900.000! Wow..I'm surprised more Folks don't leave a Response.. Only if you had a Dollar for every view..
How long have you had the Blog going?? I forget how many years I've been reading it..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

I started the blog in 2008 so our daughter could "keep track of us." ;-) It took several years to get to 50,000 views. Quite a range on daily views: between 200 and 1,500 most days, occasionally above that in the last year.