Saturday, February 10, 2018

An outing...


We took Rufus shopping this morning - an outing to Petsmart.  He needed a collar and a manly harness; found both there.  We looked for a name tag, but most of what they had in stock was dog-centric.  We picked up some grain-free food to see how he likes that.  But mostly, this was about getting him used to being in the car.  He handled that fine, including a stop for lunch (for Joan and me) that took way longer at the drive-up than imagined.  He was very patient.

A quick stop at Steph and Dan's house, where they had some other gifts for him... including another cat bed (too small for her large cats) and his absolute favorite: a curved scratching pad...


Another thing Steph lent us: a cat bag.  It is a bag you use to trim your cat's nails.  She said, "It is too small for my cats.  I'll give you $20 if you can fit Tasha in there."  Joan went into the bedroom with the bag and put Tasha right in it.  (Tasha loves her Grandma.)  No, Steph did not give us the $20.  But, we put Rufus in the bag and Joan trimmed his nails...


Truth be told, I think he would have let her trim them without being confined in the bag.  Great premise though: you open a zipper at each leg and put the foot out to trim the nails.

Joan left to meet Steph to do some shopping, leaving us boys here on our own.  Brave on her part?  Nahh, one of us is well-behaved, and I would be the other one.  I did manage to get this close-up of that great face, with some decent light...


I've never been able to say this before... that's my boy!


No comments: