Saturday, March 3, 2018

All about Rufus...


Since Steph complained yesterday about not getting to see any new Rufus photos, I worked on that today...


Well, first we picked up Steph and Dan way too early to go out for breakfast.  That's what one does in the big city, if you don't want to have to wait to get a seat.  Black Bear Diner is one of Steph's favorite breakfast places, and considering their "thick, meaty bacon" (their words, and it is so true), one of my favorites, too.

After breakfast, we dropped them back at home and went out for grocery stopping.  Yes, still early enough that the crowds were easily manageable.  Back to our place, then Joan wanted to go to another store.  Rufus and I decided to have a guy's day while she was out.

Rufus's first choice: "Feed me again - I really like that!"  I put his harness on, and we practiced on the leash again; then sat out on the the patio, taking in the beautiful weather.

I got serious about getting a photo.  You want to get a good photo of a little subject - you have to get to their level...


We keep trying different toys to see what tickles his fancy; I don't think he has had any experience with toys, but we're both giving it some effort.  Dan gave us a rope and some ribbon to see if he would like to chase that.  It did get him into stalking mode...


Kinda looks like a "house panther," doesn't he?

This is the one toy that he seems to enjoy...


He doesn't just play with it, he beats the snot out of it.  It entertains him for 10 to 15 seconds at a time.  ;-)


The other thing necessary for a decent photo: good light.  There is a lot of indirect light that comes through the entrance door of the motorhome, so I moved his toy there to get him in the best light.  He still isn't totally sure about that "outside world," so there is little concern about him making a break through the open door.  It also lets me be outside on the ground, giving me a good angle with him on the floor of the coach.

Showing off some of the stripes on his front legs...


He is wearing his walking harness.  We don't leave it on him all the time, but he seems pretty comfortable with it.  It comes off when I know we are done going outside.

He is a good boy!


No comments: