Thursday, March 1, 2018

The race is run...


Our last day with the Gravity Cruisers project - today was the finals.  An enthusiastic crowd gathered by the stage, cheering on each team as their Cruiser made two runs...



Joan was the official score keeper, I staged each team for their start, the two guys from GM measured distances.  Here's a look at one of the Cruisers...


When the teams had all run their races, the results were tabulated, and Joan gave the info to Steph and Ashley to announce the winners...



GM provided the medals, I was "volunteered" as the photographer to record it all for their yearbook.  The winning team, with the GM reps...


Steph was elated that one of her teams made it as medal winners.  I reminded her that just last week she said, "This is all about the learning."  "Yeah," she said after the competition," Until today, and then it is about getting a medal!"

I think the kids learned from this, not only about the physics involved, but also about working together as a team.  And, I think they had fun in the process.

Joan and I went out for a late lunch to celebrate completing the project!  ;-)


No comments: