Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Adulting...


Not high on my hit parade.  Hit Parade?  For you whippersnappers, it was a radio and TV show from the 50s that ranked popular recordings.  "You mean like Casey Casem's American Top 40?"  Yeah.  If you are asking, "Who's Casey Casem and Top 40 what?" - get off my lawn, ya damn kids!

Digressing again.  Back to "adulting."  While I have been working on the principle: If you keep acting childish, you don't grow old, I'm beginning to see the flaw in that plan.  Kinda like: I am getting to the point where it is getting tougher to get by on just my looks.

"Nooo!" you say?  Try it again with less sarcasm.

Some days, you just have to put on your big boy pants.  I cleaned up and went to a board of directors meeting for our village this morning.  Things plod along.  I did find out that the dredge people are supposed to begin removing their equipment from our canals on the 29th of this month.

On the bright side, I rode my scooter to the meeting.  Keeps me feeling young.

Then, a webinar about Medicare.  "Isn't that something for old people?" you ask.  Honestly, I'm getting tired of your lame-ass questions.  That was an hour and a half to give out about 10 minutes of information.

Some time with Fishman support (the maker of one of the amps I have) to hopefully get an RA (Return Authorization) number out of them so I can send the power head on the amp in for repair.

On the bright side, my kitty thinks I am strong and handsome.  OK, he hasn't actually said that, but Rufus and I are communicating pretty good.  Most of the time.


No comments: