Friday, April 20, 2018

Happy 4/20 Day...


No, there will not be a full moon tonight and it won't be green.

"420" is slang for lighting up a joint - started (presumably) by the time high school kids get out of detention.  As in: "See you at 4:20 and we'll get baked."

Not me... I'm high on life.

I headed out solo on the boat this morning; mostly overcast, very light breeze, and temp in the low 70s - a nice way to start my morning.  Heading out the canal...


Coming out of the canal and into the ICW, this was the first thing I saw...



Two bait shrimpers hip-tied, only one running.  One of them was having a better day than the other.

Less than a mile from home, the first dolphins of the morning...





Not a lot of activity - looks like they are feeding and resting; nice to watch them as they get their day going, too.

Looking over my shoulder...


A Great Blue Heron taking flight...


Another bait shrimper and a work boat going by...



Slowly moving down the channel, more dolphins, same behavior...


Quite a few small fishing boats (likely charters) out this morning...




Circling the island at "the Y" (Dead Pecker Island), more dolphins - this boy has a raggedy dorsal fin...


An osprey keeping an eye on things from his perch on a daymark...


Heading back towards the turning basin, another dolphin sighting...


And more working boats...




A pretty Blonde dockhand grabbed lines for me as I came back to the dock.  Rufus got some "deck time" while we enjoyed our fruit appetizer and then bacon and eggs outside on the deck.

Nice way to start the day.


No comments: