Sunday, May 20, 2018

I got the fever...


... and the only prescription is: more cowbell.

If you said, "Christopher Walkin, Saturday Night Live sketch parodying the Blue Oyster Cult song Don't Fear The Reaper," you get 50 bonus points.

"Only 50?" you protest?  Quit your whining - that was an easy one.

My fever is more of the "cabin" variety.  With the gusty winds, blowing dirt, and weekend crowds, we stayed close to home yesterday.  There was some discussion about taking the boat out today, but the light winds of this morning turned out to just be a lull.  On the bright side: the wind direction stayed mostly southeast, so no blowing dust/sand today.  Of course, this is my fault: we ran the car through the car wash on Thursday.

Joan is enjoying some reading time, I decided to take the Vespa out for a ride around town.  Plenty of traffic out there - it's the weekend.  I rode around to the marina in town (South Point), just to give myself a place to to ride to.  It is right across the ICW from our island, but a "great circle" route to get to by land.  Along the way, I rode by the turning basin... white caps in that protected basin!  Wind is ESE @ 20, gusting to 29.  Which is about the speed I was riding on most of this outing.

I didn't stop for photos, didn't even look to see what the current scooter tag might be - just enjoyed being out and about.

:-)


No comments: