Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Pretty...


We took the scoots to SPI for some cruising and lunch out.  This is another "Chamber of Commerce" kinda day, with crisp blue sky, abundant sunshine, and a light breeze.  Temps mid-afternoon are in the mid-80s.  Just a lovely day to be out and about.

We discussed various dining options and decided on this...


If that looks familiar, it is the same table at the Painted Marlin restaurant (I posted a week or so ago).  Again, our table was in the shade, with a nice breeze blowing through the restaurant.  And, a beautiful view looking west across the Laguna Madre (our bay).

The food was good, and we made the stop leisurely to take in the ambiance.

When we left the restaurant, we stopped at a couple beach access points on the Gulf...



This is what the Gulf looks like this time of year in the Tropical Tip.  Since we were wearing real shoes for riding, we didn't walk down on the beach, but hardly anyone there right now.  That will change this weekend, and will stay busy with crowds until late September, regardless of the day of the week.  Nice to take advantage of it right now.

A gorgeous view coming back across the causeway, but no photo - my phone is all I had along today, and I won't be pulling that out at 55mph on the causeway.

I did get a photo of the Blonde when we got home...


Looking all girly in pink, including the accessories; even those black shoes are trimmed out in pink.  Yeah, I don't match like that... most days I'm happy if my socks match each other, assuming I'm wearing socks.  ;-)


No comments: