Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Spoiled...


I took Joan out for lunch and movie this afternoon... yeah, old people's "date night."  ;-)

We saw the new Avengers (Infinity War) movie.  There are a LOT of characters in this.  I was able to tell Joan who most of the characters were, but had to admit on a couple of them, I didn't have a clue... it has been 50 years or so since I've looked at a comic book, and we don't go see every super-hero movie.

One review I read said, "Everyone in the entire world is in this movie."  Close.  I did look for myself in it, so not quite everyone.  It was a good movie, plenty of action and fight scenes.  And, of course, Stan Lee in a very short cameo.

We have gotten spoiled by going to the show when we're in Phoenix: being able to book your seat ahead of time on-line, ordering your snacks ahead of time, and (the best part) those comfortable over-stuffed, electrically controlled recliners and wide rows so there is plenty of room to walk between the seats.  We are fortunate to have a 4-plex here, but it is old school: you pick your seat when you walk into the theater.  The seats are the old fashioned theater-type seats.  It costs more than the "early show, senior prices" in Phoenix, too.

Oh, and: get off my lawn ya damn kids.  Just kidding; we don't have much of a lawn.  And, really, I am happy that we have an actual theater here.  It's good to see some movies on the big screen.

:-)

Oh, and the Texas term is: spolt.


3 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

Really?? How old are you anyways?? You Two sure don't look all that old..

I'll guess Mid/Late 50's-- Not Early 60's..

Up to you to answer that??

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Mid-60s for me, Joan is much, much younger... even though we were high school sweethearts. ;-)

Pat Anderson said...

Congrats! I had lost track of Vespas, so I Googled it, and found a Wikipedia article at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vespa. The GTS 200 is fairly recent vintage (what year is yours, I would guess maybe 2010-2012?), and apparently still being produced. This was news to me, since the Vespas in our SOB (Scooters of Bellingham) club thatI took a few rides with were all vintage Vespas, They were always scrounging for parts, and had to be fairly proficient mechanics, which ruled me out! But you will not have any issue with parts or service for the GTS 200 except possibly distance to a dealership! I actually owned a Vespa in the mid-60s while in college and rode it all around Bellingham. Then I foolishly took a power mechanics class at Western, where I had to take the engine apart and put it back together. First pat accomplished, second part not so much...it fired once or twice which earned me a passing grade, but that was really the end of that scooter!