Sunday, June 17, 2018

Happy Father's Day...


I love being Dad.  I have said it before, but it bears repeating: having a daughter makes you want to be a better man.  Having a sweet daughter makes life special.

My little girl makes me so proud.  I enjoy seeing her at work with her students - besides educating them, she is helping them become better people.  She is kind, considerate, and tougher than she knows.  Just the way we raised her.

I didn't get to spend this day with Steph, but it was a delight to have her here two weeks ago.  We love being able to spend time with her.  Today, it was phone time... I opened cards... one sarcastic (not sure where she got that from??), one mushy sweet.  It's a family thing.  I think she delights in getting me all mushy.  And, I love it.

She texted these photos to me...




She was so small and sweet.  I was young and hairy.  Ah, those were the days.

Rufus got into the Father's Day action, too.  He gave me a sweet card, too... nothing sarcastic.  He gave me a gift.  He's a good boy.  He snuggles with his Dad, too...



It's a good day.  Joan told me what a good Daddy I am... and I'm inclined to believe her.  Could not have done it without her.  ;-)  Yes, sweet cards.  My favorite breakfast.  And later: my favorite dinner.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there.  And to all those who have filled the role, even without the title.  I have earned some titles and initials behind my name... but, still, the best title of all remains: Dad.


4 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

Happy Fathers Day Jim-- I think the Blond had a bit to with it too..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Yeah, the writing in the card from Rufus looked suspiciously similar to Joan's. ;-)

Hudson River Boater said...

Looking at your pictures again-- Did you hangout with Jerry Garcia/Jim Morrison-- Jimmie Hendrix??

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

No, but I was a rock 'n roll musician. Just not in the same income bracket as those you mentioned. ;-)