Saturday, June 23, 2018

Hotter than the gates of Hell...


Not really - only in the upper 80s this morning... with humidity hovering in the 300 to 400% range.  Of course, I am kidding - it is closer to 1000%.  We have goals for the morning: get the cargo trailer ready to go, scoots strapped down, e-bikes folded and ready for travel.

The cargo trailer sits so it is exposed to the morning sun.  You notice that.  I went out ahead of time to get chocks set up and had the Vespa semi-strapped when Joan joined me.  It really is more efficient to work together to strap the scoots down.  We finished up the Vespa and went to work on the Honda.  I strapped down the rear of the scoots while Joan worked on getting other things arranged in the trailer.



Other stuff will go in those empty spaces.  Then, on to the e-bikes.  Joan wanted hers in the cargo trailer, I prefer mine in the back of the CR-V.  I folded them up, and we each went to work securing them in their allotted space.  By the time we were each done, we were soaked to the skin... I could not have been wetter if you pushed me in the canal.

Break time.  Not for lunch, but to cool off and put on dry clothes.  That's enough outdoor work for this part of the day.  Maybe more towards the end of the day.


2 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

Nothing like having someone to help and knows what to do.. AKA:The Blond..

If your future travels come my way-- I would like to meet you two for Lunch..

Black Duck-- Westport, CT. Rite off I95-- Should be plenty of parking for your rig too..

I might even be able to arrange a Boat ride on the L.I. Sound-- Probably no Dolphins though..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks for the invite, HRB. We missed you when we went east last summer. North this year, to the Black Hills of western South Dakota. Not sure where from there. On the bright side, the nights are generally cooler at elevation. I think I remember cool. ;-)