Friday, June 22, 2018

Meat run...


When we got home from the storage unit, Joan needed to stop at the grocery store. Well, except for meat - there is another smaller store on SPI that has better meat. I volunteered to make a "meat run." After getting a few things done around the house, I hopped on the Vespa and took off across the causeway... realizing that this will probably be my last ride for a while. The scoots will need to get set up in the cargo trailer and there is other stuff that needs to get done. It is 2 1/2 miles across the causeway, with the high point (around 70') that gives you a great overview of the Laguna Madre (our bay), South Padre Island, and the Gulf of Mexico. The water was gorgeous; some boat traffic out there, but not "weekend kinda" boating. The traffic on the island always builds on a Friday, then quiets down a bit by Monday. You could see the smiling faces and general gawking from those in cars, across the causeway and up the island.

I picked up the meat, hopped back on the scoot, back across the causeway, across the bridge to our island, then home. I gave the scoot a pat on the seat when I put it away. There will be some fun riding ahead, but not for a while.

2 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

Funny you mention Meat-- My Wife and I were just talking about going to the "Meat Shop" and picking up some Dry Aged Meat..

What did you get??

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Just ground chuck. But, it is fresh ground chuck. :-)