Thursday, June 21, 2018

The longest day...


Yes, it was the title of a movie from 1962 about the D-Day invasion.  AND, today is the longest day of the year, aka: the Summer Solstice.  OK, the day still has the same 24 hours in it, but it is the day with the most sunlight for many of us in the northern hemisphere.

Memorial Day often gets the credit for being the "start of summer," but the rotation and position/tilt of the Earth pegs it as today.  Not much in the way of sunlight today, but (unlike much of south Texas) not much rain for us today.  The weasels have dropped our chance of more precip overnight to 30%.  I'm hoping Mother Nature cuts south Texas some slack.

---------

I got out on the scoot for a short time late this afternoon.  A bit of cabin fever, but under the guise of "going to check the mail."  As long as I'm out, I may as well get the scooter tag and post a new one.  And, I stayed dry.


No comments: