Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy Birthday, America...


I know it can be argued that our country didn't establish a government and constitution until later, but the first of the Declaration of Independence signers put their name on it on July 4th, 1776.

Being in a touristy area, we made the conscious decision to not get out and about today.  This morning, we watched a 4th of July parade go by our RV site... mostly golf carts and side-by-side 4-wheelers, decorated in red, white, and blue.  No marching bands, no old cars, firetrucks, or tractors - hey, we've seen small town Independence Day parades before.  ;-)

Rufus got some outdoor time; Joan even put his short tower on the patio so he had something "like home" out there.  I brought my X7 out and played/sang quietly and relaxed...


No fireworks allowed in the resort, and no plan to go into Rapid City or to Mt. Rushmore and have to deal with the crowds.  We're making this a nice quiet 242nd birthday celebration for the good ol' USA.


2 comments:

John and Kathy said...

Hi Jim, Do you have the Go Pro camera with you? It would be great to see a video of a scooter trip up the Needles Highway.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi John and Kathy. No, I left the GoPro at home... it is an older model (Hero 3 Black) and a pain in the butt for my fingers with those buttons and that tiny screen. The few videos I did with it were more work to edit than to shoot. For now, I'll just stick with stills. I see GoPro has a new, lesser expensive model ($199), but all my accessories are home, as well.