Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Now I understand...


Joan likes to listen to Sirius/XM when we're driving.  Sometimes, she will listen to it in the coach.  She likes music, I generally listen to talk radio... you can tell who drove the car last when you turn on the stereo.  ;-)

We have had some beautiful weather here the last week or so.  Today, Mother Nature is blessing us with cooler temps and rain.  I am hoping it will help the fire fighting effort by Hot Springs.  The rain is cleansing the air - I don't smell smoke when we have our crank-out windows open (you can leave those open in the rain, as long as there isn't a howling wind).

Other than lunch out and a grocery run, we don't have an agenda for the day - the rain eliminates any desire to get out there on the scoots.  So, this morning after breakfast, I got out the X7 and made some music.  Joan like when I play for her, and so does Rufus.  I had a special song for Izzy, and I have one for Rufus... it is a song where I can work in his name; always make him look and smile.  Yes, Rufus has a smile.

The song?  Thanks for asking... 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover.  There is a line in the bridge that is: "Just hop on the bus, Gus"... I change that to: "Hop on the bus, Rufus."  He likes that.

I played some more while Joan showered.  When it was my turn for the shower, she turned on Sirius/XM; of course, on her favorite channel: Yacht Rock.  While in the shower, I heard a song by Little River Band that I had been playing a half hour or so earlier.  That's when it hit me... even if it is a good ol' rock 'n roll song, when I play it on the acoustic guitar, it sounds more mellow... I am her personal "Yacht Rock" jukebox.

Yeah, I am fine with that.  It is nice that she enjoys what I play.


No comments: