Monday, August 27, 2018

On the market again...


No, as of this writing, Joan hasn't dumped me, yet.

I heard from my buddy, Tim (who bought Wild Blue from us) that he is not using the boat as much as he had hoped and is putting it up for sale.  For a moment, I considered buying it back from him, if he would agree to buy it back from me again in a couple years.  ;-)

Yeah, I'm kidding.  About the buying it back part, not the Tim is selling Wild Blue part.  This morning, I got a call from a gentleman who got my number from another friend - he was hoping I could share some information with him about Wild Blue.

"Well, since you asked..."  :-D

We SO enjoyed that boat.  While our boat cruising desires changed, our admiration for that great boat didn't.  Yeah, I spent a couple hours on the phone answering questions.  He asked good questions, I gave him honest answers.

When Tim listed the boat on C-Brats last night, he made a reference to "the famous Wild Blue..."  I will say that we had a pretty good following on C-Brats, but when we sold the boat, I also stopped posting to that "Cruising Adventures of Wild Blue and Crew" thread.  I asked the gentleman if he had looking at that thread, because there would be a LOT of information about how we used the boat.  He hadn't seen that Grand Adventures thread.  I told him I thought there had been about "300,000 views of it..."

Joan looked at the thread while I was still on the phone; she said, "Over 500,000 views on that thread."  I can understand why someone fairly new to that forum wouldn't know about that thread: it has been almost 4 years since I signed off on there.  The thread eventually moves down the page and away from regular viewing, but is still on there.

A lot has changed in those 4 years.  But, the thought of Wild Blue still makes me smile.  A look back at our last cruise on her...



This afternoon, we took the scoots out to try a different place for lunch (The Gaslight in Rockerville) - and in an unusual situation: I didn't take a single photo or video.  ;-)  We then rode Rockerville Road to Keystone before head back for home on the fun, twisty roads.

A change in the weather coming tonight: lows in the 40s, tomorrow's high in the 60s.  The temps were already cooling off and the wind was coming up as we rode home.

On the Rufus front, he is really enjoying going out for a walk on his leash - if you ask him, he will tell you that he "taught himself how to do the whole leash-walking thing."  Well, not too far off - we have been spending time with him out on the patio, where he has to be on his leash.  I have been walking a few steps off the patio, then calling him.  Repeating that.  Now, he just walks along with me.  If he decided to plop down in the grass, I walk a few steps, letting out some leash, and he catches up.  Yep, all on his own.  ;-)


2 comments:

Bob said...

Hey Jim, I go back and read old Wild Blue posts!!! I thought about making a pass at her on this sale but really at 71 need to stay in the smaller boat range. Saying that, there is a drop dead beautiful Bartender 26 up for sale, as in very nice. It is the cruising version with head and galley but no dedicated dinette, the forward berth does double duty. Nice big rear cockpit and Alaskan bulkhead aft the steering station/Queen's Chair. It has a gas V-8, Chris Craft motor. If it was a newer KEM/Kodiak I would be hauling it home right now. Maybe when you sell the extra scoot (after you have four!) then I should step up and buy your Honda. Love the new Corbin seat on the Vespa. Thank goodness I do not want a drone, a standup paddle board, a new (or old) guitar, any more camera gear or a pontoon boat (but I am soft on that one if it was a tritoon over 18' with twins.
Bob Jarrard

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Bob - things change. 5 years ago I would not have been able to imagine life/adventures without Wild Blue. 6 years ago, I didn't see the scooters coming (still riding a motorcycle at that time). One of the good things about "stuff" is the ability to move it on when it no longer suits your lifestyle. That Bartender is a nifty boat, but I'd take a C-Dory over that in a heartbeat; and especially a modern outboard over an inboard V8. But, that's just me. And, honestly, I never saw a pontoon coming, until Joan suggested how much sense it would make.

I really enjoyed our boat cruising years, and have been enjoying the RVing again... especially with the scoots.

Nice to hear from you.

Jim