Thursday, September 6, 2018

That's big!


A gusty, windy day here.  Not fun to be scooting about, so a bit of "poking around" by car.  There is a brand new Honda motorcycle dealer here... well, it is a long-time dealer, but they have a new large facility.

Not a scooter in the place.  In fact, not that many Hondas in the place.  They also have Suzuki, Triumph, Can-Am, Slingshot, CF Moto lines.  But, there were more used Harleys in the place than anything else.  And, the Harleys were priced lower than I expected.  No, I am not planning on swapping off the Vespa for another motorcycle.  Just entertaining myself.

As long as I'm out an about, I stopped at the HUGE Harley-Davidson dealer.  That place is massive, and the grounds around it are a rally unto themselves during the Sturgis Rally.  All those vendors are gone, but the inventory in the building is as impressive as the size of the building...


That is just a portion of the bikes in the building.

And, like most Harley dealers, not just bikes, but stuff...


They would put most clothing stores to shame with the volume of inventory.  I am aware that there are "satellite dealers" that are a branch of an existing dealer -  they can make a good living selling the stuff (t-shirts, leathers, jewelry, boots, bike accessories, etc, etc).

Old guy reminiscing coming: things have changed a lot since the time I bought my first Harley - when this dealership was in an old quonset hut and they had a dozen Harleys and one rack of shirts.

This place had one thing in common with the Honda dealership: I was barely acknowledged by staff in either place.  The guy at the front desk at the Honda dealer looked up from texting and said, "Hey."  I took that as: "Welcome to Rice Honda - if there is anything I can help you with feel free to interrupt my texting."  ;-)  I did get two head nods at the Harley dealer... no words.

No, I was not on the Vespa at either place.


2 comments:

Bill K said...

Apparently you don't look like you have enough money. LOL

And no I do not know what that look is.

Bill Kelleher

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Going into a motorcycle dealership while wearing shorts and a Gruen Guitars t-shirt?? ;-) I was thinking: "That old geezer isn't going to buy anything." Right!