Thursday, October 18, 2018

A video review...


My first shot at making a video (other than a camera on the scoots), and doing a review of the new Emerald X10 guitar...


This video was made with the Canon GX3 still camera, on the video setting.  The audio was recorded straight from the camera - I'll work on figuring out what I need to use the Zoom H4n Pro recorder with the camera, as I have no doubt the audio would be much better.

Equipment used:
Emerald X10 guitar
Bose S1 PA
Roland Street Cube electric amp
TC Helicon Gxt vocal harmonizer.
TRS Y-cable to separate the output from each pickup.

I have been enjoying the heck out of this guitar.  I head into the guitar room with the plan to play one of the other guitars... and this one just calls out to me.

--------

This was a good "crappy day" project.  So far, we haven't had the mass quantities of rain the weasels have been predicting - just a lot of wind, gray skies, and some occasional drizzle.

We met friends Mike and M.J. on the island for lunch - good food and fun conversation.  I didn't start messing with this video until we got home... and looked at the gray sky... and the boat under the cover... and the palm trees blowing in the wind.  It was this or take a nap.  ;-)

It took about an hour to set up and shoot the different video clips, and about the same to edit them.  And almost as long to upload them to YouTube.




No comments: