Friday, October 5, 2018

Scooters on SPI...


A few projects to do around the house, once UPS brought the necessary stuff: doorbell mounted, new smoke detector installed, and the biggie (for me): replacing the "brains" on our keyless deadbolt for the front door.  It crapped out while we were gone.  It is the one bit of tech stuff that I was most attached to: being able to lock/unlock the front door without digging for keys.  Or, being able to lock and unlock remotely.  Having to use a key?  How old-fashioned is that??

Since we knew UPS wouldn't get the packages to us before noon, we had time to get out for a bit on the scoots.  Instead of a photo essay, here is a video showing the POV of the rider; across the swing-bridge, across the 2 1/2 mile long Queen Isabela Causeway over the Laguna Madre, and onto South Padre Island.  (Heads up: about 11 minutes long)...


Another warm humid day, but it was good to get out on the scoots before the hottest part of the day.  That time was reserved for a late lunch at Porky's BBQ.  ;-)


4 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

I despise Locks/Keys & Thieves-- Without Thieves we wouldn't need Locks and then we wouldn't need Keys..

I have a 1995 Grand Cherokee-- I call her "My Old Jalopy".. I use it to haul my "Junk" around-- Nobody would want to steal it.. I removed the Key lock and you don't need a Key to start it--Looks normal.. Just don't have to put a Ignition Key in..

Glad you changed the "Brains"-- Not just replace the whole unit..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi HRB. It was under warranty, so they sent me a whole new unit. Everything else was working fine, only the "brain" that wasn't working. Not the first time I've heard that comment. ;-)

Hudson River Boater said...

The "Brain" in my Traeger I have changed too.. They sent me a new one-- No Charge and told me they know of the issue I was having..

PS-- We have a old Cat-- Adopted him @ a Tag sale some years back and have no idea how old he is.. Tonight I thought about bringing him outside on a Leash on our deck "My Brunet is Sleeping"-- Please don't tell her I brought Mr.G. Outside.. Lol..
Mr.G. Has never been outside as far as we know "He has his own room away from our Dogs-- AKA-- Our Sun Room".. I think he likes it now that he knows he's still safe..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

I think most cats appreciate being outside, even "house"-cats. The leash is about keeping them safe. Izzy and now Rufus will step outside and wait to have their leash hooked on.