Saturday, October 13, 2018

The plan...


Last night before heading to bed, Joan and I discussed what we might do today... I was thinking an early morning scooter ride.  Maybe follow that up with some boat time.  Joan mentioned that the Lighthouse Market Day is happening (vendors set up around the Lighthouse Square) - she said that we could take the scoots to the lighthouse and then walk around.

Mother Nature had other ideas.  I woke up just before 7:00 to what sounded like strong wind... nope - it was a pounding rain.  I'm talking can't see across the street kinda downpour.  So much for the scooter ride; even if the rain stopped, there would be puddles everywhere, and that is a lot of work to clean.  For some perspective, the weather weasels were calling for a 0% chance of precip.

So, maybe just the boat; Joan said, "At least it isn't blowing hard after that rain."  She barely got those words out when the wind piped up.... 26mph gusting to 35.  Yeah, that won't be much fun.

Here's what the boat looks like right now...


You know we won't be going out for a while when I put the full cover on.

Joan worked on a sewing project; I spent some time with the new X10.  Visited with friends Mike and M.J.

It wasn't "the plan," but it was a good day.


1 comment:

Hudson River Boater said...

The Weather Weasels can say what they want and be wrong but still get paid for being wrong.. If I did what I do and be wrong-- I would not get paid..

Mother Nature will do what ever she wants-- Nobody can change that..