Saturday, December 15, 2018

Contrary to popular belief...


... I have gotten out of the house since I got the Spire Studio recorder.

This afternoon, the wind had died down, the sun was shining, the water was nearly calm.  No, I didn't take the boat out, but got some cruising in on the Vespa.  It was still a bit cool at 66ยบ, but a sweatshirt and my mesh armored jacket made for some comfortable riding.

I didn't strap a camera to the scoot, but as I was riding across the causeway, the water was the bluest blue I've seen in quite a while.  Yes, there was a dolphin sighting (4 actually) as I rode across our bridge.

Not much traffic as I rode on the causeway and around SPI.  You know the crowds haven't arrived yet when the motels that post their prices are showing $29.99 and $32.00 on a weekend.  That will increase significantly as we get closer to Christmas.

I stopped at the ramp by Jim's Pier to get a couple photos of the Vespa...


Kinda backlit on that shot above, but I liked that but of sunbeams in the upper left (above).  And, look how flat that water is in the photo below...


Joan made headway on another project she is working on, and Rufus got to enjoy plenty of time on the deck... although he wasn't sure about the osprey that was sitting on the neighbor's dock railing.


No comments: