Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Doctor, Doctor, give me the news...


If you said, "Robert Palmer, 1979," you get 150 bonus points.  If you said, "Moon Martin, 1978," you are also correct and get 500 bonus points, because... Moon Martin??

Rufus got to visit Dr Julie today.  Nothing wrong, he is healthy... and handsome; everybody there said so.  I guess I'm not so biased.  Yeah, I am.  It was time for a check-up and a rabies shot.  He did fine - no fuss; took his shot like the big, tough boy he is.

Of course, Joan showed Dr Julie the photo of Rufus on the day we got him... so we could all marvel at how he has blossomed.  And, as part of every exam, there is the weigh-in.  Would you believe he weighed 20 pounds!!??

Well, you shouldn't - he actually weighed just under 15 pounds.  Right around what we figured.  Dr Julie said he is not over-weight - just a big boy.  I sure noticed that when I pick up his carrier, with one hand.  ;-)

He came out of his carrier just fine and was a good boy while Dr Julie looked in his ears, at his teeth, poked and prodded... and said that he is a big, healthy boy.  We discussed our feelings about the vaccinations, the food he eats (and the quantity), and other general male cat health stuff.

In case I haven't mentioned it before: he is such a good boy!

:-)


No comments: