Saturday, February 16, 2019

I may have mentioned the lack of water in the desert...


Just after I got out of the shower this morning, ready to shave, and... no water.  Well, no city water; we are in our motorhome and just turned on our water pump so I could have hot water to shave.  I did check with a neighbor to verify that water was out all through the resort, not just at our site.  He told me that when they didn't have water, his wife went to the pool area to use the shower there... nope, now water there, either.

The water didn't come back on until almost 6:00 pm.  Good thing we keep some water in our fresh water holding tank... just in case.  Enough for a couple showers, some dish-washing, and potty use.  There are park homes and modular homes here in the resort, and they don't have holding tanks... meaning, they can't even flush a toilet.

Yeah, this sorta thing doesn't happen often; but when it does, sure is nice to be in an RV.  ;-)


2 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

Hi Kids-- Ever find out why there wasn't any water??

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Nope, never found out. Of course, I didn't go to the office to ask. It's a big park - I'm sure they had PLENTY of people going to the office to let them know. ;-)