Sunday, February 17, 2019

Jammin'...


If you said, "Bob Marley, 1978," you get 50 bonus points.  If you said, "Putting up home-made jam in jars," you don't know us at all.  ;-)

There is a guy here in the park who has been coming by to ask if we want to get together with a couple other musicians in the park.  Several times now.  I considered going to a park "jam session," but understanding that country music is the genre, I figured it wasn't my forte'.

Bill (the guy who has stopped several times) came by again this morning, and I agreed to meet with his friends after we got back from lunch out and some shopping.  He came by in his golf cart to pick me up.  He is not a musician, but is definitely a "facilitator."

Yep, country.  Not my thing, but I can play along.  When they asked what I play, "Rock 'n Roll," was met with that deer in the headlights kinda look.  I met some very nice people.  A pedal steel player, a keyboard player, a 93 year old bass player... and a bunch more who joined in singing.

It reminded me of the old George Gobel saying: "Did you ever feel like the world was a tuxedo... and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

They asked if I would play with them for a get-together tomorrow.  I'm planning on going.  I guess I'm OK with not fitting in.  ;-)


No comments: