Tuesday, May 21, 2019

BBQ...


No, we didn't smoke any meat.  Although, you could almost do it with the outside air temp right now: it is 90º, with the south wind gusting to 39 mph.  Bringing in that moist Gulf air, the "feels like" temp is 99º.  For a boy who has been living in air conditioned comfort, that feels pretty warm.

When Joan asked what I wanted for lunch today, I was all about going out.  I have been craving some crispy chicken, and Blackbeard's on the island has tasty chicken fried chicken.  The only problem is: it is a lot of stairs or a long ramp to get from the parking lot up to the restaurant (all on the second level).  Since I am current "walker bound", neither stairs nor a ramp is a good combination.

I opted for BBQ, which here means Porky's (I Like Pig Butts and I Cannot Lie).  A quick glance on Facebook showed they have their two mean platter on special today.  Works for me.  Plus, there is parking right by the door, with no steps.


The food was good; our waitress asked about the walker and entertained us with the details of her daughter's wedding (which was HUGE).  Small town life.

It was my "outing" for the day.  While I may have fudged a teensy bit with the "no going outside", I did use the walker instead of the cane for this short outing.

On the bright side, the sharp pain that happened with the "pop" on Saturday has subsided quite a bit.  I think I'll be ready to pick up the pace again tomorrow.


2 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

All I can say is-- Don't buy a Traeger..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

All I can say is - with Porky's close by, I have no need for a Traeger. ;-)