Friday, June 14, 2019

A challenge...


No, I'm not going to dump ice on my head or try to jump over a moving car.  I thought Mark (music partner) was my friend... he suggested a song... it was popular a few years ago... I remember the tune... didn't sound tough when listening to it.  OMG, I was so wrong.  The "easy" song is full of timing and phrasing changes.  Mark spent quite a while working on a piano track that he sent to me.

I listened to it last night and practiced with a few vocal tracks.  Then worked on it again today... about 6 hours worth.  Yes, I got my walks, bike ride, and exercises in... even managed to go out for BBQ with my Honey this afternoon... and then came back and worked on the song some more.  Whew!

I sent some tracks back to Mark; his turn to add some more.  Not ready for public playing, yet.


No comments: