Saturday, June 1, 2019

Concertina...


If you said, "Kinda like an accordion, but cooler."  You get 25 bonus points.

Mark and I have been sending files back and forth on the recording of Piano Man.  He decided to add a concertina track and asked if I'd put in a guitar track.  Listen to this one - can you hear the concertina?  Subtle, but adds to the feel of the song.  I like it!

I put in a guitar track (used my Emerald X7) and since I was plugging in, I added a lower octave vocal (also subtle) on that same track.  We're out of tracks, so this will probably be as far as we go with this one...

https://soundcloud.com/captainjimb/piano-man-v24




-------------------

And, on an upbeat note, yesterday feels like a turning point: eliminating the Tylenol and Hydrocodone feels great.  My body is quite happy with ibuprofen.  A good night's sleep last night.  No pain when I first got out of bed this morning; well, not much pain.  I did my morning walk; came across neighbors David and Susan.  They both remarked that the walking looked good... and Susan said, "You are smiling.  I haven't seen that it a while.  I think that is a very good sign."

Yeah.  It has been a tough 5 weeks.  Looking forward.  I walked 12 lots (my unit of measure) this morning.  There and back is about 960 feet; close to 3 city blocks.  If I get too much further away, Joan may have to put a GPS tracker on me.  ;-)


No comments: