Thursday, June 6, 2019

Movin' on...


Today was my last in-home physical therapy session.  It has been the same two guys (one or the other) each time.  I have developed a good relationship with both of them, and feel that I can ask them anything or express any concerns I have.  These guys are great - I truly can't say enough good about what they have done for getting me going again.

I have had some good improvement since that set-back (after giving that muscle time to heal): I can do the 20 reps on all the exercises, and continue to extend my walk a bit each day.  I have been cleared to walk on the beach (with the cane) or go in the pool.  There was some discussion about using our hot tub, and I think I need to strengthen up the hip a bit more before taking that on.  If I have a bike that is easy to get on and off (a pedal bike, not a motorcycle or a scooter), I have enough rotation with that leg to give that a try.  It won't be with our fat tire e-bikes - they are a bit too tall for me at this point.

With the last of the PT done, Joan asked if I wanted to go out for lunch to celebrate... "Yes, I do.  And, I'll drive."  Yes, walking is still with a cane.  For now.  But, I'm ready to be "normal"... or as close to normal as I can do.  ;-)


No comments: