Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Crisp...


That's what the young weather weasel said on this morning's local news program.  It was 43º in Rapid City, 46º here at Hart Ranch (a few miles outside of Rapid).  46º in August.  That doesn't seem right.  "Too soon," my mind tells me, but that is weather in South Dakota.

The high today is supposed to be around 80º.  After living in south Texas, these 30 to 40º temperature swings from day to night are a shock to the system... I think I'll put off my morning walk until it warms up a bit.

Another sign that the seasons are changing: today is the first day of school for the Rapid City school system.  The Christian school that is across the road from Hart Ranch started last week... we know because the RV resort here shares an entrance road with the school, and we have found ourselves in the traffic for picking up kids at 3:15... and many of those mothers could use a lesson on road courtesy.

Just some ramblings this morning... I dreamed I was working last night, and woke up exhausted this morning.  Whew.  ;-)


No comments: