Thursday, August 8, 2019

The "other" Rally...


We went out to the Harley dealer in Rapid City today.  It really is like another Rally unto itself... well, at least as far as the number of vendors.  They advertise over 100 vendors here.  We only saw about half of them, and that was plenty for me.  I was hoping to find a RAM Mount accessory and have some Rally food.  Mission accomplished.

I was looking for a short attachment arm for my RAM Mount stuff - found that and an inexpensive phone holder that looks like it will be a good replacement for the one I have.  What's that?  No, I don't talk on the phone while riding the scoot.  I do, however, use the GPS function of the phone.  And sometimes use the phone to control my GoPro camera.

There are all kinds of food vendors there, as well... any manner of greasy Rally food.  Yes, cheese curds.  They came with "Yum-Yum Sauce"... I can't say for certain what that is, but Joan thought it was some kind of derivative based on Thousand Island dressing.  It was OK... I would give it just a single "yum."  Funnel cake and funnel cookies - same thing, just a different size.

Every performance or "just for looks" accessory for your Harley Davidson that you can imagine.  And, they'll install it for you right there.

A brief look around...


The dealer inventory of bikes has been moved out of the store and into a huge tent...


That makes room for even more t-shirts, jackets, leathers, etc, in the store...





Imagine, finding a couple things for my Vespa at a Harley Rally.  ;-)

I was a little disappointed that none of the engine performance vendors had anything for a Vespa. :jack

No comments: