Sunday, February 2, 2020

Settling in...


Yesterday morning, Steph and Dan came by.  It was nice to see them, even if only for a few minutes.  They are the reason we come to this land of dry air and big temperature swings from day to night.

So far, though, we have been together more often with friends Mark and Cindy.  Mark is my long-time friend (I have known him as long as I have known Joan) and music partner.  Mark and I were playing in a duo when he met this pretty dental hygienist that cleaned his teeth and stole his heart.  Although careers and miles have separated the two couples, we are always able to pick up where we left off.

The other day, Mark said to me, "You are my oldest friend."  I'm not sure if he meant we have been friends for a long time, or I am the oldest guy he is friends with.  ;-)

We got together with Mark and Cindy again yesterday.  Of course, Mark and I made music.  Joan and Cindy shopped for fabric.  Cindy's encouragement got Joan interested in quilt making a couple years ago.  They have a wall-hanging project starting; something that Mark and I will both appreciate, too.

Today is "the big game."  The Super Bowl.  Dan is a big football fan, especially if his Packers are involved; not sure who he's rooting for today.  I can appreciate the game, but I particularly enjoy the commercials; especially the ones that make me laugh.  The half-time entertainment is interesting to watch to see if they can pull it off musically or if it is all about "the show."  But, I think the main focus will be... the food.  Joan and Steph have coordinated who is making what.  Dan and I have primed our taste buds.  I think we're all up for this.

;-)


No comments: